A wall mounted hair dryer is commonly found in hotels, gyms, and hospitals too, and they do make a great addition in your home too. These units are made up of two parts: the dryer base, which is the one attached to the wall, and then there is the blow dryer itself which can be placed on the base after use. I find this quite convenient, to be honest since I have more room on my sink to store my other beauty products.
Wall Mounted Hair Dryer – 5 Top-Rated Products
Finding the right wall mounted hair dryer for your personal use may be narrowed down based on your preferences and your budget. But you also need to consider the features that they have. If you are unsure of which one to get, you might want to check out the following products.
Conair 1600 Watt Wall-Mount Hair Dryer
If you are looking for a powerful hair dryer, then the Conair 1600 watts blow dryer is worth checking out. It is compact and quite lightweight too so you don’t have to worry about your hands getting tired when you dry and style your hair. What I like most about this product is that it is easy to install on any surface thanks to its compact size and design. It comes with 2 heat and speed settings which is useful since you will be able to choose what speed and how hot you want your hair dryer to be.
The base is sturdy and will not fall off easily, even when you are a bit rough when handling the blow dryer. Once you attach the dryer to the base, it will turn off immediately. This is due to the auto shut off feature that Conair wall mount hair dryer has. Another feature worth mentioning here is that it comes with a builtin LED night light. This way, you will be able to see where you are going in the bathroom with this cool feature on.
- 1600 watt wall mounted dryer dries and styles hair quickly.
- It has a compact size and design that makes it handy in the bathroom.
- Auto shut off feature protects you from untoward incidents when you forget to turn the unit off.
- There is not enough heat being blown by the dryer.
- The night light is rather bright.
- It doesn’t last long.
Andis 30975 1600-Watt QuietTurbo Wall Mounted Hair Dryer
Another option that you should consider when it comes to mounted hair dryers is the Andis 30975. It is a 1600 watt hair dryer that delivers fast and efficient heating and styling experience that you will enjoy. Aside from having a compact design, this 1600 watts dryer comes with 2 heat and air dryer settings plus 3 position switch too. It has the quietest of motors which is a relief given that blow dryers do have a tendency to become way too noisy for comfort.
It comes with a metal mounting plate to make the unit more secure when you install it on the wall. What I like about this is its extra hanger loop where you can hang the cord of the hair dryer. This makes storing the dryer cleaner to look at. Yes, the Andis 30975 does come with an LED night light too which casts a soft light on the surrounding. This is considerably better than being blinded by it. Andis also sports a longer cord, plus it is also energy efficient even when running the night light.
- It comes with a 1600 watts hair dryer for faster drying.
- The new hanger loop design lets you store the cord safely away.
- It has 2 heat and air dry settings for ease of use.
- Installing the unit is not easy based on what customers have experienced.
- The amount of air being produced is not enough to dry the hair quickly.
- The fluorescent green light was too bright for some users.
Jerdon JHD41B Wall Mount Hair Dryer
The Jerdon JHD 41B wall mount hair dryer is another brand that is worth adding to this list especially when you are in need of a stronger dryer at home. This all-black wall mount dryer is compact and easy enough to handle too. Because it produces up to 1600 watts of energy, the drying and styling time will be reduced significantly. This will come in handy if you are running late. It comes with two heat speed settings so you will be able to select the right temperature to dry your strands with.
It also has an auto shut off feature which is activated once you put back the dryer to its base. The Jerdon JHD 41B also comes with an ALCI safety plug that is already built-into the cord itself so that it can prevent electrical shocks from happening. This is particularly useful when there is a black out or when there is a power surge that can short the fuse or the wires of the wall mounted hair dryer.
- All-black compact design makes it a classic wall mounted hair dryer perfect for modern settings.
- It delivers 1600 watts of power for faster drying time.
- ACLI plug is embedded into the cord for added protection against electric shock.
- It doesn’t come with any cool shot button.
- It doesn’t last very long.
- The high heat can make hair frizzy.
Conair 134W Mini Turbo White Wall Mount Hair Dryer
Another product that should be included in this list is from Conair too, but this time it is a mini turbo hair dryer mounted on the wall that delivers a powerful punch. It can reach up to 1600 in terms of wattage which means that you can expect that it will have more power when it comes to drying your strands. It comes with two heat settings and two speed settings which I think make this device easier to work with when it comes to drying your mane quickly. I like that it is lightweight too since using my old dryers force me to stop and rest for a while because they were a bit heavy.
Among the special features that you will find in the Conair 134W are its night light and a 6 foot coil cord. I find the night light on these devices to be handy especially when you are in the bathroom. The glow of the LED night light makes it easier to navigate the bathroom while the lights are turned off. As for the cord, the long length gives you the freedom of moving around while removing the rest of the moisture from your hair.
- Mini turbo hair dryer is small but it delivers up to 1600 wattage.
- It provides you with a fast drying time for your mane.
- It is lightweight and easy to maneuver thanks to its 6-foot coil.
- The dryer tends to be a bit noisy when used.
- The holder for the hair dryer is a bit flimsy and tends to break easily.
- The light from the night light is not as bright as the previous model.
ProVersa JWM6CF Wall Caddy Hair Dryer
The ProVersa offers quick installation for its compact-sized wall mounted hair dryer that will fit any sized bathroom. It doesn’t have that bulky base that is common in many wall mounted hair dryers which is one of the reasons why I added it to this list. Also, I like that it puts special attention to the safety of the user thanks to the ALCI plug built into the cord and its auto shut off feature too. Put the dryer back into the caddy and it will automatically turn off which is quite convenient given that you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn off the unit.
What else is there to like about this mounted hair dryer? It comes with two heat settings and three speed settings so you will be able to choose how hot the air should be depending on your hair type. This unit can reach up to 1600 in wattage so it will heat up real quick. I like that the filter is removable which means that you can maintain it any time too.
- This wall mounted dryer is easy to install in your bathroom.
- Rich in safety features, this hair dryer will protect you from electric shock.
- It comes with multiple heat speed settings for more control over your hair.
- The unit is not as durable as others.
- It doesn’t come with any heat control.
- The cord is a bit short so you may not be able to move around that much.
Pros and Cons of the Wall Mounted Hair Dryer
You might be wondering why hotels and other establishments prefer to use a wall mounted hair dryer instead of portable ones. Well, for one thing, this design ensures that the wall mounted dryer will not be taken home or stolen by their guests or be involved in accidents, especially in the bathroom. If you are thinking of investing in one, it is best that you weigh the pros and cons first.
- It is safe and secure. Most establishments that do have this equipment prefer it over the portable design because it is safer and more secure. Their customers will not have to bother with finding a socket to plug it in since the blow dryer is already plugged in.
- It offers convenience especially when you don’t have to search your closet for your blow dryer.
- The wall mount hair dryer is considered to more energy saving compared to other types of blow dryers. These are all low watt wall mount hair dryers so they do not consume plenty of electricity when they are used.
- It is also more affordable compared to portable models.
- It can be tough to repair because it is wall mounted.
- Another downside to it is that you will need extra time for installation and you will need to check the wiring in your place too if it is compatible.
Features to Look for in a Wall Mounted Hair Dryer
Shopping for wall mounted hair dryers can take time if you don’t know what to look for. To help narrow down your search, you might want to look at the following features first:
The first thing that you should consider when searching for a wall mount hair dryer is the size and the shape of the unit. It would be better if you look for a model that has a compact design so it will not take up too much space on your wall.
Ionic or Tourmaline
You might have noticed that regular blow dryers are often made from either ionic or tourmaline. When it comes to wall mounted dryer, it is best that you look for one that has these two materials. This is because ion technology can make your hair shiny and frizz-free. On the other hand, tourmaline helps in keeping your strands smooth to the touch. Another plus to tourmaline is that it dries hair faster.
Check the heat and speed settings of the mounted dryer if there are any variations. Recent models of blow dryers do have that Cool Shot button that helps set your style. Wall mounted dryer for the hair, on the other hand, should have low and high heat settings as much as possible. If you manage to find one that offers multiple speeds, then they are worth including in your list too.
This is probably the most important feature that you should look for when shopping for wall mounted hair dryers. This is to protect you from accidents especially when you tend to use your dryer while your hands are wet. A shockproof model is for your safety.
Auto Shut Off
Since we are talking about safety, another feature for wall mounted hair dryers that you should consider is the auto shut off. Leaving your dryer on for hours may lead to unwanted incidents which is why it is best that you go for one that automatically turns off after being left idle.
You can also get one that has a LED night light so you will be able to see around the bathroom without flicking the switch on. If you are not a fan of the loud and awfully irritating noise that most blow dryers have, then look for one that can operate with less noise. Fortunately, a wall mount hair dryer is quieter than the handheld ones.
The cost of the product should be a factor too. Even though these dryers that are mounted on walls are cheaper, it would be better if you compare rates too. This way, you will be able to get the best deal.
These are just a few features that you should look into if ever you are considering getting a hair dryer that you can mount on the wall in your bathroom. For sure, you will find this a convenient option especially when you have a small space to work with since it will free up more space in your bathroom sink.
Now that you have an idea of the various wall mounted hair dryers available in the market, the next question is which wall mounted hair dryer to start with? I would say, go with the Conair 1600 Watt Wall Mounted Hair Dryer. It is compact, lightweight, and can provide you with the right amount of heat too. It has two heat as well as speed controls for ease of use. I like that it provides a good grip and because it is lightweight, you don’t have to worry about hand fatigue.
Leah WilliamsLeah Williams is the founder of Lucky Curl and has been in the hair care and styling industry for the last 15 years. Since then, she has developed incredible expertise and a deep understanding of how to treat and style the most difficult hair types and is passionate about sharing her knowledge with the readers of Lucky Curl.
Best Hair Dryer for Thick Hair – 5 Best Selling Options
Anyone with thick hair will know how long it can take to dry it. It's all about finding the right styling tool to help. We cover the 5 best hair dryers for thick hair.
Lucky Curl 2020 Holiday Gift Guide
Lucky Curl lists the trendiest holiday gifts for this season. If you are looking for the perfect gift for beautiful hair, then this guide is for you.