I often spend an hour at least styling my hair but having to do this daily is taking up too much of my time. I decided I need to find a styling tool that will help me keep my hairstyle a few days which is why I am in a quest for the best rotating hot air brush.
What are the Benefits of a Rotating Hot Air Brush?
I was used to drying and styling my hair with two different styling tools, that is until I came across a hot air brush. My friend recommended it to me when I complained to her about my morning ritual. She told me that if I wanted to speed things up, I can try this one out and I did. I tested several of these hot air brushes and so far, here are the benefits that I experienced with them.
- Gentle on the Hair. Compared to flat irons, I found that using a hot air brush feels gentler on my hair and my scalp. There is no danger of overheating the strands which are typical with flat irons. I was also able to get closer to the roots of my hair for added volume and because the heat coming from the barrel wasn’t extreme, I did not burn my scalp with it.
- Compact. A hot air brush tends to be more travel-friendly than the elongated flat irons. I can simply slip it in one of my bags and use it for styling without any trouble. Flat irons tend to be bulky unless you choose the 1- inch versions which are easy to pack with you during your travels.
- 2-in-1 Styling Tool. Another thing that I enjoyed with air brushes is that they are basically a blow dryer and brush in just one styling tool. I no longer had to use two separate items, but rather just hold on to this rotating hot air brush to dry and style my hair at the same time.
- Creates More Complex Hairstyles. Another benefit of using this hot air brush is that it allows you to create various hairstyles including the more complicated ones. I think that this is the perfect tool to show off your creativity with your hair.
- Temperature Settings. Air brushes typically have two heat settings and one for cool settings which are necessary for creating the desired hairstyle. It’s great that you have the option to choose what temperature you are going to use based on your hair type.
- Salon Results. I also noticed that every time I used an air brush, I ended up with better-looking hair, just like what I get after a trip to the salon. Now I understand why many are going crazy over this styling tool.
- Longer-lasting Hairstyle. Remember when I mentioned that I am not overly fond of having to style my hair every day? I noticed that I was able to keep my hairstyle for a couple days after styling with rotating air brush. How cool is that?
- Saves time. I did not give much to this benefit when I first looked for a brush to style my hair with. However, with many claiming that this was a hair dryer and styling tool in one, I thought it was too good to pass up. Now, I was able to cut back my styling time to less than 20 minutes and I have to say, I had never been this happy with styling my hair in any way I like.
How to Choose the Best Hot Air Brush that Rotates?
You’re probably thinking of getting a rotating hot air brush for yourself already, but if this is your first time to buy one, I am sure you will be a bit overwhelmed with all the choices out there. I did too when I first started searching for this tool. Since I know how hard it is to land the right hot air brushes, I have made a list of factors that you can use when shopping for one.
- Switch for turning rotator on and off. I think that every rotating air brush should have this feature because you can turn the rotating rod if you do not like how it works. This way, you will end up with a brush that you can use to comb your hair while drying the strands out.
- Heat settings. If you want the best rotating brush, it should have a heat setting for you to choose what temperature will work for your hair type. Having more control over the temperature is something that I like when it comes to styling tools because I don’t want to end up having burnt hair strands as much as possible.
- Barrel size. Do not make the mistake of thinking that all hot air brushes are designed for all hair types and hair length. This is not always so. During my research, I came across air brushes of different sizes and shapes. A big barrel brush is not suitable for those with short, fine hair since the bristles will not be able to hold the hair strands very well. On the other hand, a rotating round brush can help add volume to your otherwise flat hair. You need to check which barrel size is appropriate for your hair type and its length.
- Dual voltage. This is another factor that you should include in your list when shopping for this styling tool because you want a hot air rotating brush that will work in various countries. Luckily, I have come across several of these products that do offer this feature which is great.
- Multi-direction settings. An air brush that has multiple direction settings can make it easier for you to straighten or curl your mane in any way you like. I think that this feature will make it possible for us to create that perfect lift and hair style without too much trouble on our end.
- Price. Just because you are getting a rotating hot brush for your mane, it doesn’t mean that you have to spend a lot for one. Keep in mind that an expensive price tag doesn’t always mean that you will get quality results. I prefer comparing prices first when it comes to styling tools to help narrow my search to those I think will suit my budget.
3 Best Rotating Hot Air Brushes to Consider
The rotating hot air dryer brush is probably one of the best styling tools that you will have in your arsenal based on my experience. It is a hair dryer and styling tool in one package! I can do away with my blow dryer and wooden brushes, plus I get to see some professional salon-hair results faster than before and with minimal effort on my part. I had some fun finding the best hot air brush for my mid-length straight hair with all the options available.
However, since there are literally dozens of these air brushes available in stores, I thought it would be a good idea to round up my top three brands for hot air brushes. This way, you got your search cut out for you because you can start with these three of the best brush dryer I had used.
1. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Rotating Hot Air Brush
The first on my list is the nano titanium rotating hot air brush from BaBylissPRO. What I like about this tool is that it has an antistatic bristle that is combined with warm airflow to create gorgeous results. I never thought that it would be possible to have that extra shine to my hair after. What else is there to enjoy with this product? It has a bi-directional rotating barrel that can move either backward or forward which helps with achieving beautiful stylish hair.
It also makes use of ionic technology to help minimize the development of frizz when styling your hair. As for the heat settings, this one comes with three options that are ergonomically placed along with the handle for ease of use. This works best to polish off your hair style. Also, this is only suited for hair that is at least 80 percent dry for best results.
- The ionic technology reduces the appearance of frizz when styling your hair.
- Bi-directional rotation speeds up the styling process.
- Comes with three heat settings to match your hair type.
- Anti-static bristles prevent making your hair puffy while styling.
- One user noted that her hair had more static when using this styling tool and that it was difficult to wield.
- Another reviewer explained that the bristles did not do a good job of styling her long, thick hair.
- The rotational barrel stopped after a few uses according to another user.
- It is a bit pricey for a hot air brush.
2. INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Spin Air Rotating Styler
Another option for hot air brushes that I want to introduce to you is the INFINITIPRO by Conair. This 2 inch styling tool is every bit as useful as the previous one with its drying and styling features in one solid body. What makes this hot air brush worth checking out is the fact that it makes use of tourmaline ceramic technology to help heat up hair strands without them becoming damaged. I like that my hair looks amazing each time I use it. The boar and nylon bristles installed on the barrel prevent static from happening which means that you will end up with salon-styled hair every time.
I noticed that this rotating hot air brush should be used while hair is damp but almost dry. You have to comb your hair first to remove any tangles. You can create more volume with this 2-in-1 styling tool by letting the brush rotate on your hair for a bit. Release the rotate button then switch to a cooler setting to set the hairstyle in place.
- Tourmaline ceramic materials guarantee even heating with the brush that lets you style your hair with confidence.
- Boar and nylon bristles are antistatic by nature which helps keep your hair strands tame while drying and styling at the same time.
- Rotating barrel spins in both directions giving you more versatility in creating complex styles.
- Ionic technology minimizes the appearance of frizz when in use.
- One user noticed that her drying brush did not last her long given the price tag for it.
- Another reviewer complained that the bristles pulled at her hair and did not do a good job of drying the hair strands too.
- It is possible that the rotating barrel doesn’t work very well at a certain temperature which happened with one user.
- It takes a while before styling is finished which can take up some time.
3. Revlon Perfect Heat 2″ Tourmaline Ceramic Rotating Hot Air Styler
In this list of best rotating hot air brush, I like to add Revlon Perfect Heat into the mix. Revlon is a brand that we are all familiar with and it appears that their 2 inch tourmaline ceramic rotating hot air styler is a gorgeous styling tool. The first thing that I liked about this rotating hot air brush is the fact that it gives me beautiful and more detailed curls just like the way I want them. It has a multidirectional brush that gives me more flexibility when it comes to making my hair look different each day. You can switch off the spin feature as you see fit.
There are only two heat settings here which I think is less than what the others have to offer, but it still does the job of making my hair look great. Its 2 inch spin brush comes with tangle-free bristles that can easily work in taming my hair. Aside from giving my hair volume, it felt like my strands were fully moisturized afterward. This rotating hot air brush is worth looking into if you need a hot air brush that makes your hair stand out.
- Its 2-inch tourmaline ceramic barrel makes it easier to heat up and style damp to dry hair quickly.
- The multidirectional dryer brush adds more versatility to hairstyles with minimal effort on my part.
- The tangle-free bristles ensure that I do not pull my hair when using this brush dryer from Revlon.
- My hair looks and feels moisturized as the strands are soft to the touch.
- Several users have complained that their Revlon hot air brush stopped working after a few uses which is disappointing given its brand.
- Lack of ionic technology means that my hair strands are prone to frizz when using this product.
- There is no dual voltage feature which makes its use limited to select countries only.
- The price is a concern for many as it is a bit expensive.
Which is the Best Hot Air Brush?
Now that you have read my list of best hot hair brush, you might be wondering which one stands out the most. Based on my categories, my winner here is BaBylissPRO. For starters, it has multiple heat settings where you can switch from hot to cold with ease. Second, it has a multidirectional spin setting meaning that you can spin the rotating barrel forward or backward depending on the hairstyle you are aiming for. Third, the nano titanium materials ensure that my hair strands are exposed to even heating thus preventing breakage. Also, I should not fail to mention that it does come with antistatic bristles too.
However, I would not suggest this if you are looking for a hair styler for short hair because the size of the barrel may not be appropriate. Also, this is best used while your hair is around 80 percent dry. I have tried using it with different levels of dampness and I do believe that with your hair almost dry, you will be able to style it without any difficulties.
About the AuthorLeah Williams is the founder of Lucky Curl and has been in the hair care and styling industry for the last 15 years. Since then, she has developed incredible expertise and a deep understanding of how to treat and style the most difficult hair types and is passionate about sharing her knowledge with the readers of Lucky Curl.
Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizer Professional Hot Air Brush Review
The Revlon One-Step Hot Air Brush has firmly cemented it's place in being on the best stylers on the market. Lucky Curl reviews this popular blowout brush.
Best Hot Air Brush for Fine Hair: 7 Top Rated Options
We list 7 of the best hot air brush for fine hair. Read our reviews on top-selling hot air brushes on the market and FAQ's. Say goodbye to dry and broken hair!
After the Best Hot Air Brush? We Name 5 Top-Rated Styling Tools
Lucky Curl rounds up the 5 best hot air brushes on the market. In this review and buying guide you will find everything you wondered about these styling tools.
Best Hot Air Brush for Curly Hair – 7 Top Options
Lucky Curl lists the top 7 best hot air brush for curly hair. Chosen for their versatile results, easy styling and reasonable price.
Revlon Hot Air Brush Reviews: 5 of The Best Products by Revlon
We list the best Revlon hot air brush reviews to help you find the one for you. The brand is known for their quality stylers and reasonable prices.
Best Hot Air Brush for Short Hair – 5 Options for Shorter Hair Styles
Lucky Curl has rounded up 5 options for the best hot air brush for short hair. We have included a buying guide so you know what to look for before you buy!