I wanted to style my hair but having to switch from one styling tool to the next takes time. I was desperate to find a single tool that can dry and style my hair at the same time, but I couldn’t find the perfect one. It took many flat irons until I came across ghd platinum review and everything changed.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Flat Iron
A flat iron is typically used to straighten hair, but it has more uses to it than I originally thought. This styling tool not only styles your hair, but it can be used to dry strands at the same time. I find that using a hair straightener will work on various hair types, but you need to know what to look for first before making any purchase. Here’s what I suggest that you look for.
- Temperature. One of the things that you should consider for this hair styling tool is its temperature settings. Take note that the amount of heat that your hair will need will depend on what type of hair you have. Fine to thin hair will need low heat while those who have thick hair will need a flat iron that can deliver high heat.
- Titanium. Flat irons that are made from titanium tend to heat up quickly and can help fight frizz because of the number of negative ions that it produces.
- Ceramic. Ceramic based hair straighteners are guaranteed to heat up the plates evenly so that there are no hot spots that can damage strands. This works best on fine to thin hair as it reduces breakage significantly.
- Plate Size. Hair straightening tools come in different sizes. The best way to figure out what’s appropriate for you is through your hair’s thickness. Narrow plates are ideal for those with short hair, while 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick plates are suitable for those who have thick, wavy, or long strands.
- Price. The cost of the flat iron should be factored in as well because not all cheap products can deliver quality results, and there are pricier ones that do not give good value for their expensive price tag.
Introducing ghd Styler Platinum
- World's first smart flat iron
- Predictive Technology
- Ultra-Zone Technology
After reading reviews on flat irons, let me introduce the ghd flat iron which is the first-ever smart styling tool that adjusts its heating based on the type of hair that you have. This personal approach to styling hair is one of its best features because it guarantees even heating from start to finish. If you are looking for a hair styler that can do more than just straighten your hair strands, this is it. It is sleek, it is stylish, and it can deliver salon-style finish too regardless of what hair style you are aiming for.
- Predictive technology automatically adjusts the heat based on your use and hair thickness.
- Snag-free design enables you to straighten, curl, or add waves to your mane with ease.
- Maintains steady heat without causing damage to hair strands.
- It is too expensive for a hair straightening tool.
- One user noticed that the product didn’t work after a few months of use.
- Another user did not like the buttons that replaced the switch design of its predecessor.
Features and Benefits
Based on the reviews about the ghd Platinum hair straightener, I figured out that this styling tool comes with unique features that are worth checking out.
- Predictive Technology.
This technology is designed to monitor temperature 250 times per second to ensure that the plates heat up strands correctly with one stroke.
- Steady Heat.
The ghd Platinum styler can reach up to 365 degrees Fahrenheit without damaging strands.
- Wishbone Hinge.
Another feature that stood out was its wishbone hinge which ensures that the plates are always in perfect alignment thus giving you better control over the hairstyle you are trying to capture.
- Heat Resistant Protective Plate Guard.
This plate guard helps protect this styling tool when you bring it with you on your travels.
- Precision Floating Plates.
The ghd Platinum also comes with precision floating plates that guarantee salon-quality results.
- Automatic Sleep Mode.
The hair styler from ghd automatically goes into sleep mode after half an hour of non-use. This helps reduce any accidents from occurring because of our forgetfulness.
- Universal Voltage.
Another feature that impressed me is the fact that the platinum ghd comes with a universal voltage. This means that I will not have any difficulties using this tool anywhere I go.
- Longer Swivel Cord.
The platinum ghd styler has a longer swivel cord which measures up to 9 feet. This means that there will be a less tangled cord to deal with.
What benefits should you expect from using the ghd platinum hair styler? There are several advantages that you will enjoy when you choose this hair straightener to be part of your hair styling products. Here are a few that I think you are sure to enjoy.
- Fast Drying and Styling Time.
Thanks to the smart technology that this tool is equipped with, you will be able to dry and style your hair faster. This technology reads the heat up to 250 times per second and adjusts the temperature depending on the thickness of your hair and how you run the plates across each section of your hair to avoid exposing them to intense heat unnecessarily.
- Better Control.
The wishbone design on its hinge allows you to maneuver it to create waves, curls, or just straighten your strands out. The reviews pointed out that it is designed to prevent hair strands from snagging around the handle.
- Safer to Use.
What other benefits will you get from this device? How about better safety measures in the form of automatic shut down? If the tool has been left idling for thirty minutes, it will automatically switch itself off.
- Dual Voltage.
I am pleased to learn that this hair styler has dual voltage. This makes it more convenient to bring around since it can work on different voltages.
- Even Heating.
The floating plates distribute heat evenly across the strands thus minimizing breakage. There are no hotspots to worry about that is one of the leading causes of hair breakage.
- Optimum Styling Temperature.
Another benefit that is associated with the ghd platinum is the fact that it can reach the optimum temperature that is ideal for creating various hairstyles with ease.
From the reviews that I have read, most of the customers were impressed with the results of using ghd platinum. I confess that based on their feedback, I am more than eager to test it out. Most of them were impressed with the Smart Tech installed on the styler because they were able to achieve salon-quality results. Just to give you an idea of what others are saying, here’s what they have been gushing about.
Alternatives to Consider
The ghd Platinum Styler may be a bit on the expensive side for its standard retail price. That said, I was determined to see if there were other alternatives that can get the job done without making me spend a lot. Here’s what I came across during my research which I think you are going to love.
Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Ion Smooth + Flat Iron
- Silicone-Ceramic Plates
- Floating Cushioned Plate
- Express ION Complex Infused Plates
The bright pink color will certainly catch your eye when you see it. I love the fact that this styling tool is hard to miss because of its color. Aside from the color, this hair styling tool makes use of express ion complex technology that guarantees that your mane will look healthy and shiny even after being exposed to concentrated heat. Its ceramic plates measure at least 1.25 inches which I think will work even on those who have thick, coarse hair. There is a digital display on the device itself which tells you the current temperature of the plates. And the best part? It can reach up to 410 degrees Fahrenheit in seconds!
- Bright pink color gives it that edgy look.
- Features LCD display that tells the current temperature of the plates.
- Express ion complex ensures that hair remains shiny.
- Can reach up to 410 degrees Fahrenheit which is hotter compared to ghd platinum.
If you are looking for a flat iron that can provide you with up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit of controlled heat, you should check this one out right here.
KIPOZI Hair Straightener
- Advanced PTC heater
- Nano-Ionic Technology
- Shine-Boosting Technology
KIPOZI’s barrel design not only straightens but makes it easier to achieve wavy to curly hair real quick. Wrap one section of hair around the barrel and gently pull the hair styler away from you to see the curls form. It also has a smart temperature technology that lets you straighten your strands quickly while preventing moisture loss and stops heat damage too. What makes it efficient in handling all hair types is the fact that it makes use of nano-titanium plates that can deliver high heat minus the damage. It heats up real quick so you won’t have to wait minutes. The 3D floating plates adjust and clamp down on your hair no matter how they are positioned so that, by the time you pull gently, there will be no strands of hair snagged on the styling tool.
- Rounded shape helps you create a variety of hairstyles with just one styler.
- Quick heating technology speeds up the drying and styling process.
- It also has a smart technology that controls the temperature while preventing moisture loss.
- 3D floating plates prevent hair strands from snagging while holding each section of hair properly regardless of how they are positioned.
- It is cheaper compared to ghd Platinum.
If you are on a tight budget but would like to get your hands on a powerful styling tool, click here to know more about KIPOZI.
FURIDEN Hair Straightener
- Upgraded MCH Heaters
- Durable and Energy Efficient Design
- Salon High Heat for Long Lasting Finish
This lightweight and easy to use straightener comes with 20 heat settings that can be toggled by turning the rotating base. It is equipped with titanium plates that are known to reach high heat without causing damage to hair strands. You only need to give each section of your hair a single pass with the plates to get the desired results. What’s even better is that as you expose your strands to high heat, the plates help lock in the moisture thus minimizing breakage. There won’t be any snagging or tugging of strands thanks to the barrel shape of the styler. And because this device can reach maximum temperature in just 15 seconds, you won’t be wasting time waiting for your tool to be ready. No arm fatigue to worry about instead you will be all smiles as you get to style and dry your mane real quick.
- A lightweight body makes it convenient to handle.
- A barrel-shaped design enables you to straighten and curl strands with ease.
- Titanium plates deliver even heat thus achieving the desired style with just a single pass.
- Reaches high heat within seconds.
- Costs less than $100 which gives you bigger savings.
If you want a budget-friendly styling tool that will give you full control over your hairstyle, click here to know more about FURIDEN and its features.
Now that you have read my brief reviews about my choices for alternatives to ghd platinum, I am still leaning towards the latter in terms of straightening tool. Its predictive tech ensures that my strands will not be overly exposed to high heat as the sensors will not only read the current temperature, but also the thickness of my strands, and how I use the styling tool as well.
Its unique wishbone look prevents my strands from getting tangled or snagged between the handle, plus it allows me to manipulate the plates depending on what look I am aiming for.
Aside from having a longer swivel cord, it has a universal voltage meaning that I will be able to pack this styling tool with me so I can play with my hairstyle during my travels.
If you are willing to invest in a styling tool that will give you more control on your look while protecting your strands at the same time, click here to learn more about the ghd Platinum Styler.
About the AuthorLeah Williams is the founder of Lucky Curl and has been in the hair care and styling industry for the last 15 years. Since then, she has developed incredible expertise and a deep understanding of how to treat and style the most difficult hair types and is passionate about sharing her knowledge with the readers of Lucky Curl.
Other Recommended Products
Solofish Steam Hair Straightener Review
Lucky Curl reviews the Solofish Steam Hair Straightener. We cover the top features and benefits of this best-selling flat iron.
Best Flat Irons for Curly Hair | 5 Top Straighteners & Reviews
Lucky Curl lists the contenders for the best flat iron for curly hair. Whether you have wavy or corkscrew curls, there is an option for everyone. Reviews & Buying Guide.
Absolute Heat Flat Iron Review
Lucky Curl reviews the Absolute Heat Flat Iron. We cover what to look for in a hair straightener and the best features and benefits.
Remington S5500 Review
Lucky Curl reviews the Remington S5500 Flat Iron. We cover the top features and benefits and what to look for in a hair straightener.
L’ange Hair Straightener Review
Lucky Curl reviews the Aplatir Flat Iron from L'ange Hair. We cover the best features and benefits of this popular hair straightener.
Best Flat Iron with Auto Shut Off – Lovani Titanium Straightener Review
Lucky Curl reviews the Lovani Titanium Flat Iron. Along with it's many other great features, it has an auto shut off function -- allowing for peace of mind.